Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Jester and Sully - Painted Dresser

My first post to Monday Artday. I painted this when Liam was born. His room is decorated in the medieval style with dragons, knights, and castles. I thought it would be fun to paint the dresser just like an illustration I had done previously in my Moleskine Sketchbook. The top and sides of the dresser have a harlequin pattern that matches the jester's garb. Yes, that is Sully on the ground next to the minstrel. I have since added castle drawer pulls in place of the brass knobs.

Thanks for letting me participate!



8 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

Very nice!

Bearuh said...

NICE!!! You did a very good job! Beautiful!!!

valerie walsh said...

this is great! I love any art with Sully on it!

Pequete said...

Lovely!

mike r baker said...

Kim Coles is in da howse! Beautiful piece! I love how you carried the theme over the whole piece.

Ces Adorio said...

This is very lovely. What did you use to paint the dresser?

imwithsully said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for the compliments. I used Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paints and mixed them with Liquitex acrylics to get the right colors. When it was done I used a matte varnish.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!