Monday, May 21, 2007

A card for Shane


My eyes were in tears when I read about Shane Bernier. Shane, age 7+, was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and all he wishes for is to receive 350 million cards on his coming birthday May 30th. He hasn’t asked for money or toys or anything of the sort...
I'll be on my way to the post office to mail Shane's card after this. If you like, you can help Shane's dream becomes a reality. With every card, Shane’s smile grows...

You can send the birthday card to:
Shane Bernier
PO Box 484
Lancaster, Ontario
K0C 1N0
Canada

To read more about Shane, go here:
http://www.shaneswish.com/

6 comments:

valerie walsh said...

This is a very touching story! I new a young girl who collected cards and stickers when she was hospitalized, she loved all the colours and the artwork! I will send him some cards and get others to, he needs a lot of cards for his goal!

emilayusof said...

Thanks Valerie. I just got back from the post office. Hopefully my card for Shane will reach on time.

mrana said...

This is SO gorgeous, I'm sure he will treasure it! Will send a card first thing in the morning!

livia said...

So sad! I will try to help too.

mike r baker said...

That's sweet, Emila. I'll send him a card too. I had a friend who died of this when I was young.

Bearuh said...

Awww :(