Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Agricultural mural







I can't believe the word is mural for this week! Here's a three panel mural I just installed yesterday for a produce company that grows richly colored fruits and veggies that have higher antioxidents. They wanted fields of their crops depicted, so I thought of doing the field and then an inserted "portrait" of the fruits and veggies. This was a fun challenge for me, and I have to say the office looks pretty spiffy with these huge paintings over the reception desk! Each canvas is 4'x4' square and painted with acrylics.

8 comments:

Jen - Earth Angels said...

this mural makes me want to eat more peas! great job love the texture adn the compact color - you go girl
xxoo JEn

Jen - Earth Angels said...

this mural makes me want to eat more peas! great job love the texture adn the compact color - you go girl
xxoo JEn

imwithsully said...

Oh so yummy! Will you get to do something for a fall harvest scene too?

studio lolo said...

Hey Kim...nope, probably not! I'm on my way to leave a comment for you now :)

Catalina Alvarez said...

Beautifull!
Cata

Diane Duda said...

These are great! I'm sure they were very pleased.
Love your skies.

imwithsully said...

Congratulations Laurel! P.S. Stop by the Coles pub anytime. Just don't steal my precious Moleskine. I'll buy you a fresh one for all your beautiful ideas and sketches. :)

Greg Hartman said...

They turned out beautifully! I love the open fields and the lovely clouds floating by...makes you feel as if you're there. Excellent!