Monday, January 28, 2008

Hidden Message

Children as accessories.I did this illustration a few months ago when the media was flooding airwaves with images of celebrities expressing interest in adopting from different countries. As an adoptee, I am an advocate for international adoption, but what concerns me is the message from the media about how adopting these children is some kind of fashionable trend. A charitable act of sorts rather than the true meaning of expanding or creating a family. I suppose that is my hidden message in this illustration.

4 comments:

aeneadellaluna said...

This is soooo cool! I love the style and the details! So beautiful!

helen said...

The illustration is fantastic and so is the meaning behind it. Well done

Richard Cardona said...

Pretty funny too!

Emily said...

great illo... disturbing message!