Friday, May 09, 2008

Sleep...

Since I've been judging, I'm not competing here - but I thought I'd toss in a couple of "sleep" pictures I've done recently. This one was for IF's "blanket" theme. It's not the first time someone thought of farmland fields looking like a quilt, but I'm very fond of my interpretation... somehow all my little girls tend to look like my daughter. :) This is gouache paint on bristol paper, 9"x12".

This one I did 2 weeks ago for a sidewalk chalk art contest. It's 3 feet by 4 feet, soft pastel.

www.mikerbaker.com/knack

4 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

wow. I can't believe this is on a sidewalk! Nice work, very warm and inviting.

Katherine S said...

awesome!!

Belinda Joynes Artist said...

Very nice! I remember the field one from IF and I cannot believe the other is done with chalk on the pavement. Amazing

Raluca said...

really nice!!I would had cover with glass this pavement!!great job!