Friday, February 20, 2009

movie quote

The challenge on Monday Artday is "movie quote". If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know that a lot of my illustrations are based on movie quotes. I love movies, so I had a difficult time deciding which one to illustrate.
I know what you're doin'/I know where you've been/I know where, but I don't care/'cause there's no such thing as an original sin.
"Everything... every single thing that took place in that courtroom, but I mean everything... says he's guilty. What d'ya think? I'm an idiot or somethin'? Why don't cha take that stuff about the old man; the old man who lived there and heard every thing? Or this business about the knife! What, 'cause we found one exactly like it? The old man saw him. Right there on the stairs. What's the difference how many seconds it was? Every single thing. The knife falling through a hole in his pocket... you can't prove he didn't get to the door! Sure, you can take all the time hobblin' around the room, but you can't prove it! And what about this business with the El? And the movies! There's a phony deal if I ever heard one. I betcha five thousand dollars I'd remember the movies I saw! I'm tellin' ya: every thing that's gone on has been twisted... and turned. This business with the glasses. How do you know she didn't have 'em on? This woman testified in open court! And what about hearin' the kid yell... huh? I'm tellin' ya, I've got all the facts here... "
— Juror #3 (Lee J. Cobb) in 12 Angry Men

Maybe this out-of-context quote will inspire you to seek out this riveting, beautifully acted, Hollywood classic.

No comments: