Friday, June 29, 2007

Monthly challenge by DaisyB

Hi guys, I'm posting here a few simple illustrations I did for friends. I thought it would be nice to dedicate this one to the people that are always around me and to whom I love to draw for. So here we go.

I did this as a birthday card for a coworker girlfriend that always try to find out everything. She didn't like surprises... But that time, she didn't see it coming.



That other friend asked me to draw three things that represented her, she wanted to put them up in her office. She loves travelling, Café au lait (Lattes) and Thaï food.


This one was for a website, but was never used... To bad, I think it's cute.



This was a card for a friend that was going on her maternity leave at work. The story is her own, but I did it as a poem with rhymes. We'd always call her Princess Sara because she was tiny, even with her belly. Her prince charming was cutting her carrots in diamond shape to make her happy. What would be named her little treasure, the new born king? We do not know, but he'd be covered in gold by mommy and daddy.


http://bidulecompagnie.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

mike r baker said...

Charming and cute! I love the 3 things you did for your friend. That cafe au lait is adorable! Who'da thunk a paper cup could be cute? :)

DaisyB said...

Hahaha, thanks mike. Every morning we'd meet in the elevator with one of those cups and it was a running gag in the office. It turned out to be cute illustrations and even better when framed and on a wall!