Monday, December 21, 2009

And The Winner Is... Claudio Rodriguez Valdes!

The winner for the "Frog" challenge is:

Claudio Rodriguez Valdes!

Congratulations to Claudio Rodriguez Valdes. I chose Claudio's "Look What I Found!" as the winner for the Frog challenge. Charming and fantastic, like a giant Miyazaki character, Claudio's imaginative painting is funny and joyful.

If there's ever anything that makes me want to run from this blog screaming, it's the arduous task of choosing a winner. The artwork here is always amazing and wonderful. The frog challenge was a knock out! I actually got the opinions of about 100 8th graders for the selection of this winner. They had a hard time too but most of them responded with the greatest delight to Claudio's frog. Biggest standouts for me were Katalin's wonderful frog prince, Andrew's Tim and the Frog, Evie's beautiful watercolor, Josh Billing's Froggy Christmas, Roberta's frog scientist, and the gorgeous design work and colors of Sandra Vargas' Frog! But even those are a tough choice over the rest of the incredible frogs all of the other artists submitted here. Thank you for such amazing work, everyone!

1 comment:

Claudio Rodriguez Valdes said...

Hey Thanks a lot!
I had a speech ready for such an occasion... but I left it at home :)

No but seriously thanks!